Think back to anytime you’ve tried to diet. I bet you lost the weight at first but then it came back like an angry bee and gave you what you deserved – gaining the weight back and then some. Let me ask you this: did you make yourself a priority during your ‘diet?’ I mean beyond the diet itself. Did you make it fit into your life or did you make it feel like ‘just another thing to do’ every day?
I’m here to let you know that research shows that regular dieting is a waste of time and energy. Don’t believe me? Read on to find out why…
Why am I dissing on dieting?
According to Dr. Mark Hyman, functional medicine doctor, Director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine and New York Times bestselling author of “Ultrametabolism” and “Ultrawellness” found…
Most diets predictably fail because of 5 reasons
1. You try to exercise your willpower to control your appetite instead of understanding there is a science behind hunger
2. Your focus is too much on counting calories
3. Your diet consists of all low-fat foods
4. Your weight is actually affected by hidden reasons that require medical attention
5. You lack a solid health and weight loss plan to guide you on your journey
Dr. Hyman also says that when the average dieter loses weight, they lose muscle AND fat.
But once they regain the weight, they gain back only the fat… which will ultimately slow down your metabolism.
Boooo! That’s not what we want!
Here are 6 success tips that will keep you in peak health without dieting:
1. Eat enough whole fresh food to satisfy your appetite (your body will be less hungry because it’s fully nourished)
2. Eat protein for breakfast to boost your energy for the day
3. Eat your last meal three hours before bedtime to give your system time to digest before sleep
4. Make low-glycemic foods your diet staple such as nuts, seeds, chicken, and fish so your blood sugar stays level
5. Eat good fats at every meal such as avocado, nuts, seeds and olive oil (healthy fats are your friend, not your enemy)
6. Make this lifestyle fit in with your life! You don’t have to be miserable to be healthy.
Once people start a weight loss program they’re surprised to discover that they feel trapped by their lives, their families, their jobs. Sound familiar? This is empowering you to take charge of your life and your health without compromising everything else.
What if you can lose the weight and still have a fun life with your friends and family? It doesn’t have to be either or.
The reason my clients get great results with my programs is because we’re consistently considering how this all fits in – with family, friends, holidays, parties, otherwise it’s like pushing a boulder uphill. Who wants to do that (unless you’re one of those badasses who competes in Crossfit – you go, girl!)!?
You may feel like you have to choose between your health plan and going out with friends.
That’s not fun or sustainable. In my programs, I’m committed to having it be sustainable, easy, and fun.
Does that make sense?
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients learn how to lose weight, gain energy and feel better than ever before… without dieting.
Yes, without dieting!
If you want to take control of your health the right way and make a commitment to being the healthiest and happiest version of yourself, then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me today!
Need help figuring out what’s holding you back from being the healthiest and happy version of you? We’ve also created an amazing free workbook for you that goes along with this post.
Download it here vvv
To your health!